Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A glimpse of my school days

Believe it or not, I was the silent most girl in class. Super shy and reserved. My voice so low. 


I always loved to be friends of all. But there  were groups. And one group wouldn't talk to the other. May be I wasn't that immature like those girls. I liked to talk with all. Had one bestie with this group and one from that. Then I slowly got into one group of 3-4 girls, of which I used to talk more to only one. She is my friend till date. Will talk about her more on another day. 


I was an average student. Never participated in extra curricular activities. Math and science were interesting till tenth. I hated social sciences, especially history. Hindi was another headache. While French was my favorite. And the teacher too. I liked my science teacher as well. 


I went to school by my cycle. Never closed my eyes during prayer. Polished my white shoes with chalk. Gave pieces of my ribbons to friends who forgot to wear theirs. But promptly remembered to get the scissors to cut from my long ribbons. I hardly took any days off. Maintained a full attendance. Always took notes during class. I was always roll number one. And during oral poetry test, used to every time ask my English teacher to skip me and go with roll no 2. Haha! 


Till date I have that stage fear to stand before a class or hall of people. My voice will sink in, hardly audible. And my hand and legs would tremble. 


School reminds me of exams. And exams reminds me of copying. Yes I used to carry chits and bits of papers to the tests and exams in school. Wrote answers on the desks. Wrote formulas on my pencil pouch. Those days all that mattered was marks.. scores! Great percentages. 


I have a good handwriting that saved me most of the time. And for the finals.. I never copied then. If caught the punishment would be severe. I would carry color pens. And write in bigger font. My answer sheet pages used to be so colorful and neat. 


School days were so silly. The most unwanted things were given the most importance. Who cares about those percentages. It doesn't matter at all today. 

2 comments:

  1. I got reminded of our school in each and every line! Good write up :) Sad that I didn't get to know you well :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's never too late to get to each other. ��

    ReplyDelete