Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Everyone a Photographer! What are we doing with 1000s of Photographs??

I love clicking pictures! I have a hard drive full of photos! Most of you should have the same story! I want a professional camera! Or the latest iPhone! Most of us again own one of them or both!

Back in my school days, I owned a digital camera. And many of friends were as aspirant as I was in clicking memories! Today I have loads and loads of pictures. Each album has Gigabytes of images!

Of late, I have been wondering what to do with all these pictures!

Facebook (or any social media) - Yes we post it on social media… sit back and count our likes and comments! Then again out of 1000s of pictures clicked on an event or trip, just a couple of pictures are uploaded. Most of the times, it’s just a profile picture or a picture on the timeline! So have you ever wondered what to do with the remaining pictures?

Are we really showing it to our friends and family? Who has the patience to scroll through so much of random pictures?! And what happens to them after storing them in our PCs or drives or drop box?! Just accumulating space!


Things I have noticed on uploading pics / showing them to others

1. We are bored to see sceneries. Likes are only for people in the pictures.

2. Large amount of pictures, hardly we scroll through each of them, just like the entire album and move on.


I don’t really have a great solution as of now… But some things I am trying to do are…

1. Make them collages... that way fit in many pics into one box.

2. Make videos … that way fit in sceneries into them.

3. Blogging… Includes pictures.

4. Print them out and put them into physical albums… Remember them? Gifted my grandparents ;)


Share your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. You got it right.. If only we could find some use for all those photos.. Tell me when you find a solution dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it right.. If only we could find some use for all those photos.. Tell me when you find a solution dear :)

    ReplyDelete