Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Your best custom travel guide by Akilya- New York

I have been to New York, so this is gonna be easy… New York is a big state. But tourists are all in the New York City! Forget your car behind. You can book a hotel and stay in downtown. We had friends in New York suburbs, so we stayed with them. A long weekend! Actually a weekend would do for New York City! It’s the city that never sleeps. So just be ready with your high energy levels.

Places to visit- Empire state building (103rd floor sky deck), Central park, Statue of Liberty, Times square, Grand central terminal, Ellis Island, National September 11 memorial, Brooklyn bridge, Battery park.

·         Always remember to book / find stay really early! They get pricy!
·         It’s always better to book your tickets for ferry rides, empire state building online, last minute booking is fine for this. But book them online, you are least likely to be cheated that way.
·         Times Square has lots of exciting things to experience- shopping, eateries, get yourself sketched by artists, and an all night crowd.

Places to eat- Indian food is my hubby’s favorite. My in-laws too were with us, on one trip so we ended with trying various Indian restaurants. Saravana Bhavan is my all-time favorite. The experience dining in there was no different from sitting in the same restaurant in my hometown (Chennai, India).


Also you should try the street food from the trucks in downtown, especially Times Square. It’s one of a kind experience. Not so likely to see them in other parts of the states. My personal favorites are Hot dogs, funnel cakes and crepes. I just wanted to hog on everything I saw! 

Just remembered I am yet to update my two trips to New York City! Will soon be blogged! :D What's your story? 

No comments:

Post a Comment