Thursday, December 3, 2015

How I met my first new Friend in a new City?

26th Day in State of Washington! And 4th Day in my new apartment! And I Know No One Here At All! Today I found a friend! The lucky news is she is a like-minded girl!

This reminds me of the days when I joined school in Kentucky! A similar story... I don't have the days count though... But in the same way, I found a friend there! Luck was my side even then! She is my best buddy!

Wanna know how this happened... So we were on an apartment search spree and every apartment I visited- as the receptionist / leasing officer showed me around their vacant apartments, I told them I was new to Seattle and knew absolutely no one around here. And finally, before I moved into this apartment I am currently residing, The lady at the reception told my about a girl, who left her number with them to pass on to anyone looking for friends around. I was excited. And remembered her name. Two days later, me and Balu decided to take up the same apartment and we moved in. Another 2 days in... A got a couple of packages shipped in and had to go to the leasing office to collect them, So when I met the receptionist, I recollected her telling me about that girl's info. I got her number and also left my number there, telling her to pass it on to anyone looking for company!

I got home. Called her. The best part was she too spoke my hometown's language! And the same evening, I stopped by her apartment. And guess what... we spoke all evening... We guess we ran outta stuff to talk within one day! LOL...

Not a really big story... But yes... this is how it goes.. its the second time you know.. The first time, I was in school, so I told my classmates. And there was this one guy, from my country but a different state... so he gave this number of his friend and to randomly call them. It felt weird and took me a lot of courage to do it. LOL... But the result was awesome! They were a couple from again my state! And we could speak in our hometown language! They introduced me to other friends around too. And in due time we all became hangout buddies! I miss them....






No comments:

Post a Comment