Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A birthday party in the neighborhood!

I started this blog, saying today, then yesterday, and now its day before yesterday… Never have I thought so much to write one blog. 

So yes, I was invited by my neighbor for her 5 year old daughter’s birthday party. I went up and down 2 to 3 stores, wondering what I should gift a 5 year old kid! All the gift boxes and toys read 3+ and were quiet kidish for kid of 5. Lol. I was running out of time too. So finally picked a 365 fairy tales and rhymes book. I didn’t even find a gift wrapper or ribbons. So just picked some foil from the kitchen and wrapped it and quickly took a marker and wrote the “To” and “From” with the message- Happy Birthday to the birthday girl. At the party speaking with others, I realized I wasn’t alone- almost all had the same doubts! We had no experience in buying gifts of that age! While a friend suggested clothes / dresses. While she added “Girls never are fulfilled with their wardrobe”! How true right?! 

It’s my first time going for a kid’s birthday party alone. Everyone in the neighborhood were invited. The party started with a magic show and then was followed by cake cutting and then dinner. Kids were playing all around and adults forming their own groups – chit chatting. A good social gathering. The common complaint being the weather and the season for not meeting up much more often. From this gathering I wonder how much goes into planning a party. And the kids are so involved into the themes of their party. They had an Ice cream cake, Yum! Too good! But they had a hard time cutting it. Ha ha. 

And I learnt how smart this kids are, especially the birthday girl. Her mom can no more pick stuff for her. She has her own likes and dislikes. She picks and knows exactly what she wants – from her dress to the cake theme. Kids are your Barbie doll only till one year she says. Then she has her own thoughts. Wow… she is already big enough. 

But on the other hand, the birthday girl just really didn’t know much… she did choose her cake, the theme of the posters… but beyond that … cake n dinner… everyone other than her enjoyed them… she doesn’t like sweets much.. That was funny, her mom helped her cut her cake, and took a piece to feed her, and you know what... she quickly pulled away… amidst all the other kids waiting for the cake…Ha ha… 

On the whole, it was a good evening to mid-night… Thanks for the invite! 











No comments:

Post a Comment