Wednesday, January 27, 2016

26 Gifts, 26 years, 26th Jan - My Bday Week

Celebrating my ME time King size! An attempt to promote personal time - Love yourself first! Treat yourself awesome! You deserve it!

My last post was a bucket list of random things I wished to do over a week. Here are the list of gifts I actually gifted myself.

Day 1 - 22nd Jan

1. A relaxing long tub bath – with bath salts and candles. A spontaneous one. Didn't really shop much for it. Went on with what ever I found at home.

2.Hairdo – straighten and/or curls! Straightening my hair took an hour. Loved the output. Curls tried another day, it didn't quite work out. So skipped it.


3. Balu's office party - dressed up and enjoyed



4. Temporary tattoo at the office party



Day 2 - 23rd Jan

5. Made my favorite breakfast - french crepes with chocolate syrup


6. Made myself Choco Chai - Yum


7. Baked Garlic Roasted Potatoes with parsley.


8. Bought a new toy for my car - mini mouse


9. Ice cream at Cold stone 




Day 3 - 24th Jan

10. Went for a spontaneous mid night drive- one afternoon I took a nap, and so that night was quite     struggling to put myself to sleep. Got up, looked around, felt a little hungry, toasted bread and spread jam, ate them. Then a spontaneous idea to go on a short drive around. Ha-ha.


11. Couple Massage at a spa- it was a new experience for both of us. Super relaxing one hour of full body massage.

12. Went to Falls with Balu



13. Jamuns- made them quick in 30 mins and we finished them all in less than half a day.


14. A relaxing long tub bath – with bath salts, music, candles, and hot chocolate chai ;) Loved this one. More planned out.


Day 4 - 25th Jan

16. French toast and added the chocolate syrup


17. Wrote a love letter for Balu

18.  Cake – upside down pineapple cake. Turned out just perfect. I couldn't wait for 12, just got the cake baked right in time when Balu was back from work. Asked him to sing for me. Lol. And I cut my cake and we both fed each other as we sat at the dining table. 


19. Updated pictures on the fireplace.



20. Got myself a little balloon


Day 5 - 26th Jan

21. Bath (unexpected gift turned out to be the most favorite) It's super relaxing- if you find some time and have a tub. I recommend it. Loved it the most. Had this set up every alternative day, that's 3 of the 5 days! I look forward to frequently enjoying a tub bath. 

22. Draped in a new Sari


23. A little photo session and chit chat with friends



24. Visited the temple



25. Had Mango lassi

26. Went out for dinner with Balu - Anjappar




Things I skipped this time-
1. An entire day off Facebook/ all social media - tough during my birthday with friends and family wishing over various time zones.
2. Mastering the art of taking selfies (Should try more)
3. Buying and potting a plant (Not the right season)
4. Dancing - LOL
5. No great movie running in theaters (to watch alone)
6. Nails treatment - Nothing special about it, I do them quite regularly, skipped it this time.


Enjoyed my birthday this year!







No comments:

Post a Comment